Recipes: Honey Madeleines
- 9 Tbsp Butter sliced into small pieces
- 1 1/4 Dark brown sugar
- 1.7oz Almond powder sifted
- 4oz Egg whites
- 1/2oz Honey, preferably from white flowers
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. After the butter foams, it will start to brown and smell nutty.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool to 105F.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, almond powder, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the egg whites.
- Stir in the honey and brown butter.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just incorporated.
- Refrigerate batter for 24 hours.
- Fill the madeleine molds two-thirds full with batter.
- For best results place molds in the freezer for 15min before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake madeleines until golden, around 12 minutes.